I am a lifelong resident of Fairview, where I live with my husband and 3 sons (two graduates of GCSD, and a 10th grader).
16 years of experience teaching English in the Bronx, Mount Vernon and GCSD. Six years of experience in Building leadership in GCSD. Currently a NYC K-6 Assistant Principal.
Affiliated with the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development, National Association of Elementary School Principals, Woodlands High School Scholarship Fund and the Ivy Enrichment Fund. Collaborated with the African-American Heritage Coalition, Westchester Pan Hellenic Council, Omega Psi Phi and Phi Beta Sigma fraternities. Member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., and on the Executive Board of its Pi Iota Omega Chapter. Serve as Chaplain andChairman for the Childhood Hunger Initiative. Member of Westchester Chapter of Jack and Jill of America. Chairwoman of my sorority’s mentoring program, Girls Leadership Academy. Dedicated member of the Church of the Living God, where I serve as Elder, Sunday School teacher, Youth Advisor and Trustee.
Why did you run?
My dedication to community and passion for education compel me to serve in various capacities. As a School Board trustee, I want to create a rigorous and safe learning environment for all students.
What are the top three challenges facing our school district?
• Addressing poor overall student achievement
• Maintaining qualified and effective staffing
• Improving our facilities
How would you like to address those challenges?
• Use my education leadership skills to ensure that rigorous and consistent procedures are in place to enable student achievement.
• Support professional development of staff and create a positive teaching environment, while increasing accountability in attaining reasonable goals.
• Improve oversight of facility needs and encourage timely BOE action on repairs and renovations, without additional burden to tax-payers.