The Guidance Department is a place and space for students to come to address all issues pertinent to their success in high school and life. The Guidance Counselors have an Open Door Policy which allows students access to us without having an appointment. Students are discouraged from coming during their classes unless an emergency exists. The department consists of a reception area and College & Career Center/Senior Lounge/Meeting Room equipped with four computers with internet access.
Guidance Department Philosophy
- To provide academic advisement to ensure that students meet State education graduation requirements.
- To provide educational, personal, behavioral and career counseling to students.
- To assist students and their parents navigate through the college admissions process, financial aid and post-graduation planning.
- To work with students who are Ivy-League and Tier 1-bound college students, with very high risk, alternative education students and with students who fall between these two extremes.
- To respect our students, teaching them to respect themselves and others and to work exceptionally hard to establish excellent relationships with students, colleagues, administrators, families and community affiliations.
Guidance Department Events
- College Night
- Financial Aid Night
- Westchester/Putnam College Fairs (Fall/Spring)
- SUNY Purchase College Fair
- Hispanic College Fair
- NCAA Night
Joe Foy II, Ed.D. - Lead Counselor
(914) 761-6052 ext. 3011
Rob Dominguez, M.S.
(914) 761-6052 ext. 3010
914.761.6052 ext. 3068
Kathaleen Rosario - Middle School
(914) 761-6052 ext. 3084
914.761.6052. ext 3018
914.761.6052 ext. 3023