ezSCRN APP Download
ezSCRN is an app that is used to verify basic COVID screening questions before children and adults enter school. ezSCRN must be completed daily prior to attending school, either remote or in person.
You must take your child’s temperature and complete the questions on the app each day before attending school. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are having technical issues.
Daily Health Assessment
- In accordance with New York State Education Department Guidance, all students must have their temperature checked each day before being admitted to the school.
- Parents/guardians are asked to attest that their children do not have a temperature greater than 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or any symptoms of COVID-19 before their children are admitted into school each day by completing the Health Assessment via EZSCRN App.
- Students must perform the self-assessment via the EZSCRN App every day either while working on remote learning or hybrid at school learning.
- If students have not submitted their Student Health Assessment via EZ SCRN on any given day and they show for school, they will be taken to a separate location where their temperature will be taken by the school nurse or a trained staff member
- All staff is also required to complete their health attestation each day via the EZ SCRN App.
- Students or staff members who have a temperature greater than 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit and/or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 are required to stay home
- In accordance with New York State’s Travel Advisory, students/ staff who travel “Restricted States” as defined by the New York State Department of Health are required to quarantine for 14 days. These states are listed on the Department of Health website
Procedures if Student or Staff Develop Symptoms While at School
- If a student begins experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and/or have a temperature of greater than 100 degrees F, they will be brought to an isolation area within each school under the care of the school nurse where they will wait until they are picked up by a parent/guardian/caregiver to go home.
- If a staff member begins experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and/or has a temperature greater than 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit they will be sent home.
Positive COVID-19 Tests
- Any student or staff member who tests positive for COVID-19 must remain home until cleared by a physician, the Department of Health or meet the CDC guidance
- Those testing positive for COVID-19 must notify their school principal as soon as possible
- The District will work with the Department of Health to assist with contact tracing and notification of those who may have come in contact with the infected individual in accordance with applicable health privacy laws and regulations
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Students and staff are required to wear a proper face covering or mask over their mouth and nose while in school.
- Proper face coverings include 3-layer paper masks and cloth face coverings with at least two layers. Masks with air valves will not be permitted as they are not considered effective in reducing the spread of COVID-19 to others. Only neck gaiters with at least two layers of fabric are acceptable.
- Physical barriers have been added to better protect students and staff in designated areas
- School nurses and teachers will instruct students about the proper wearing of masks/face coverings as well as hand washing protocol
- Students and staff are expected to bring their own face coverings each day
- The District will have masks available to those who do not have one
- Anyone who can not wear a face-covering due to a documented medical condition may instead wear a clear face shield. Parents/guardians/caregivers must notify the school principal in these situations.